Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Dairy Queen


Dairy Queen-Grill & Chill (2015)
1. South Macon, Georgia, U.S.A.
2. East Dunwoody, Georgia, U.S.A.
3. West Macon, Georgia, U.S.A.
Commercial, Eatery

So, This is more complex than my recent projects. I have fallen into the interest of matching art. When it comes to buildings that look alike, It sounds very awesome, so I decided to try out this idea. Dairy Queen is my first choice, because I decided to start low. So, I designed three approximate similar buildings of the ice cream parlor in the state of Georgia. There are differences, but I want to have the image look-alike. Store 1 is in South Macon in the location where I designed Publix and Einsteins earlier, Store 2 is in East Dunwoody above Atlanta, Store 3 is in West Macon on the lot where a Dairy Queen currently is. I've done Thea Renderings of all three of them, and also floor plans, sides, and the site location. The style, in general, is Gothic with this castle appearance. I used brick, fire stone, and also different colors of cladding, not to mention, the colors(either plastic or metal). I have named this style of Dairy Queen, The Gloomy Church Style.
This building also has a cursive logo on the red band in the arch. The logo, along with the 'live a little' catchphrase, was by graphic designer, Edrea Lita. To visit and see, click here
 

The picture above is DQ Store 1 in South Macon. 


The picture above is DQ Store 2 in East Dunwoody.
 

The picture above is DQ Store 3 in West Macon.
 

Just in case you can't tell the differences, I placed the sides on all three of the stores. Right, Left, Front, and Rear. It's like Hocus Pocus except with exterior design. The floor plans, below, also vary depending on the store. Be sure to remember which is which!     



The picture above shows the sites of each store. These are just to show the location. You can also see the current official logo by Lita's logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment