Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Room in Phonophobia



Phonophobia (2016)
Portfolio Project_ Art Institute of Atlanta
Video, 3D Modeling, Animation

Meet Tyronne, He's a character I adjusted after downloading him as a Morpheus. The room, however, I designed. I made the room and all the obstacles that populate it. I designed this all in Autodesk Maya. Again, I didn't model Tyronne; I downloaded a Morpheus, adjusted him with the options given, and animated him. My main creative focus is the room and every single object in it.

Description; Tyronne, a Morpheus character, is on his laptop as he types and searches for a YouTube video of my other project, Struck! (or Strike!), and afterwards, he laughs at the video until a real loud thunderstorm goes off from nowhere scaring the hell out of Tyronne!! He holds his hands up and fear, and covers his ears.



About the room, I designed a moderate bedroom that's not messy, but simple. I mostly used the color green, and black to gray shades. This room was pretty easy model.



I placed images of common things in Tyronnes room. I gave him a portrait, gave him my portrait etc. I also liked the anime, Plastic Memories. There are also other posters such as Cel Damage, and Miyuki Ayukawa from Basquash. Also, I placed an unused alarm clock on a nightstand.



Here's Tyronnes basic laptop. Okay, The cup; The logo on the cup is from my high school, Howard High in Macon, Georgia. In some way, shape, or form, Tyronne has a connection to my high school.



I gave Tyronne an Xbox One. I put it underneath his television which is mounted onto the wall. His lamp is green, like most of his belongings.



About Tyronne, It was a pain in the neck to edit him. I have to change materials on his body to make it look like he's wearing clothes. I was able to animate him, as though he's really on the laptop. I had to animate the chair, the lights, and other miscellaneous visuals in After Effects.





Just a basic idea; I really don't have a motive, but a good motive for this, probably would be, that it's all fun and games, to you, unless 'this' or 'that' happens. To shorten this, It's funny until it happens to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment