Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2016

Load...


Load... (2016)
Art Institute of Atlanta
School Project, 3D Animation, 3D Model

Load... is a very short video about this special robot. In this video below, the robot will attempt to pull a gold sword from a rock in a matter of several minutes. Now, This is just basic animation, nothing too cool or interesting. Just watch below, It's only about a minute.


The robot was the first character in Autodesk Maya for me to model, rig, and animate all together. I earlier designed the robot for the same purpose, but made a few changes as it became a school project, and no longer a personal project.

History: I designed the robot around the mid of Spring 2016. I modeled, rigged, and animated a GIF to test out the robot. Due to time constraints and lost of interest, I paused the project. Later on for my Animation Studio class, I returned to the project to carry off the same plot that I had planned earlier, unfortunately, Maya has those random 'glitches' that go on, and for some never known reason, one of the lower arms was unable to re-act with the body, so since this was a cartoon, I removed the lower arms from both sides, just showing the hands being magnetic to the elbows. There were some few other tricks, but I feared time cost. So, I was able to animate the robot despite several rig issues. The sound was done by a classmate from my Special Topics: Entrepreneurship class. I worked on the music in the end credits.

This picture below is the earlier GIF I did of the robot, back when he was able to function. Working on this guy was a pain in the head! The Loading idea was just something that popped up as I was working on the GIF image.  



No comments:

Post a Comment