Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2016

Microsoft Bottle


a bottle (2016)
Object, Miscellaneous


This is just a design of my reusable bottle that I did in Autodesk Maya. YES! My bottle really looks like this. The difference is that the top is broken. I designed how the bottle looked when it was first given to me. I also put water in it, just to make it more realistic. It's just a plain 'ole bottle with a 2010s Microsoft logo on it, nothing new.


History: I received this bottle at a concert at the Perimeter Mall back in 2014. You know, The one when the Microsoft store first opened, and everyone made a big party celebration out of it. The opening was so big, people were wearing t-shirts with Microsoft, the lines went all the way to the north wing of the building, there was a disc jockey, and this was actually one of the days my Subway employer wanted me to relax. The concert, itself, that evening, was when I got the bottle.

 Picture One

 Picture Two

Picture Three




This picture, above, is just the beginning design back when I first shaped up the bottle without the caps top. This was so easy, a low-budget animation studio could model this in an hour. It was everything afterward, which was hard.



Just so, no one thinks I'm playing games about this bottle story, I took a picture of my actual bottle. I still have the cap, but forgot to put the cap on the top. On the other hand, you would know how the cap and everything would look on the bottle. I also filled it with water(that I didn't waste, I swear), just to show the comparison to the 3D model.

"Model the Bottle"




No comments:

Post a Comment