Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Villa Italian Kitchen (Perimeter Mall)


Villa Italian Kitchen_ Perimeter Mall (2016)
Dunwoody, Georgia, U.S.A.
Commercial, Eatery, Pizzeria, Restaurant

 The current Villa IK sits inside the food court inside the Perimeter Mall. It takes up two spaces, and does get some attention, quite well. They have their backdrop in their current store designed like one of those medieval Italian kitchens. I wanted to design one of those European style homes with the middle part of the building. I also brought my own style into this building with the Italian flag metal cladding, where the sign boards are. There is mostly stone, red tiled roofing, and a brown cornice. I also placed a real fireplace, just for show. It can also be used for real fire. Below the sign boards, on the metal cladding, I did a small text mural where it says "Pizza, Pasta, Stromboli, Salads", and Yes, That's what the employees would shout out in the mall to get customers. If you've work in the PM food court, You'll hear it. But, overall, I wanted this pizzeria to have a Central European feel to it. 


 The front of the building has an entrance, with outside tables. The entrance is thus walkthrough wall, and then you get to the doors of the middle part of the building, and this entrance wall is covered in grass and vines. 


 Like I mentioned earlier, The front entrance has grass and thick vine in the front. At first, I kind of thought it was disturbing, but since Varasano's Pizzeria (also opened at Perimeter Mall) has plants growing on their walls, I decided to have Villa's entrance wall grow with the thick coat of grass, as vines grow sobre the grass wall.


 BUY ONE, GET ONE, FREE!!! You will hear this walking into the Perimeter Mall Food court!! I know, I've worked at the Subway for 2 years, and heard this over and over again. There's no excuse on why I wouldn't put a flashing GIF of this text on the sign.


I decided to just do the image views instead of the 360 degree video. I felt that the genre of the building goes better with just the image view sides.


This is just a directory. I only put the basics, because I'm not familiar with what materials the franchise uses.


The new building would sit in front of the Perimeter Mall entrance. It's left to the main roadway, and right to the main sign. I also made a convenient walkway for those walking along Ashford-Dunwoody Road.

For those who want to buy one get one FREE, Here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment